Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Autobiographical Essay

            Throughout my life, education has always been my top priority.. or my father's. As a child, I moved around and in between schools which made me very unstable. My grandmother, my father, my siblings, now I realize, always knew what is best for me. Growing up I never appreciated their constant pushing, I only hoped to push them away. Now at 16 I am greatly proud of being aware that education is always a top priority. I am the one constantly pushing my younger sibling to do well in school. I don't find it surprising as she sasses me while I give her advice because it reminds me of when I was that age.
            For as long as I could remember, I've always seemed to save things for last minute. As much as I wish to begin working on something, I wait on it. I still struggle with this problem but I realize that in order to be successful in life, prioritizing is a necessity, My father has always been a hardworking man and I hope to become as hardworking as he is. What I have learned about myself is tat I notice shortcuts and always rush t take the,. However, In the long run, it is always best to take the regular path which has much more details worth of learning.
            Now that I am older, I see others who have impressive vocabulary, and just loads of amazing talents. I have always enjoyed writing but I seem to never be satisfied with anything that I write. What I've accomplished to do is read as many books as possible. Falling into the world of books has been an incredible thing for me. As I read, non fiction or fiction I create this image of myself with every single characteristic as the characters. I begin to feel as if I am experiencing everything that the characters in the books are. I have also developed a great interest in psychology in which I can not seem to get rid of. Disregarding my interest in writing and psychology, I also sometimes think of myself as a very artistic person. I begin to encourage myself to maybe look into any art fields. I don't believe psychology may be in favor of me expressing a more artistic side. Yet, on the other side, In writing I am able to write as freely as I wish.
             When I set my mind back on high school, I always seem to just skip it and look ahead. Many students in high school believe that this is our time to have fun but that should not be a first priority. I realize that my hopes and dreams may not ever come true but having them is what counts. It is what helps motivate me to keep going.

No comments:

Post a Comment