Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Descriptive essay

         Winter break seemed to be the longest break since Summer. However I did not do as much as i did during the summer. Most of my break I stayed home and watched television. Sometimes I felt as if I was wasting an enormous amount of time doing nothing at all. The only days I actually went out and did something was on New Years eve but even staying home on Christmas eve was a much happier experience for me.
       On Christmas eve; I was awakened by the annoying sound of my cat and dog chasing each other around the room. I heard every step. As I tiredly tried to get my eyes to open and actually get off my bed, my friend Sidney, who always seems to be in a hyper active and jolly mood jumps on me. Her knees puncture my thigh. "Good morning! It's already 10:30 am!" As much as I enjoy Sidney's company I was not in the mood for a human alarm clock. I reached over to my nightstand and on the left side to look for my phone, which I could not seem to find. I decided to get off my bed and I felt as if I was glued to the silky purple sheets. I headed out of my room and made a left into the living room to the bathroom. From the small creak at the bottom of the bathroom door, I hear something drop. A glass object hit the tile flooring in the kitchen. I didn't seem to think of it as anything but Sidney accidentally dropping a plastic cup. As I slowly opened the door, I hear Sidney screech. She ran towards me pleading and pleading, "I'm so sorry!" I was completely caught by surprise at what she had showed me. My phone's screen was cracked into pieces and I did not know how to react. A lot of mixed feelings rushed into me. I only knew to say it was OK and walked into my room. I hear Sidney's footsteps trail behind me. I can tell by the way she was dragging her feet she must have felt very bad for what had happened. I later apologized to Sidney and told her that I should have not reacted that way and had just assured her that it can be fixed.
      This occurrence during my winter break may not seemed as a big deal but it made me realized how difficult  I can be on her sometimes. She is a very friendly girl who is very generous and genuine. She always has a big smile on her face showing off her crystal-like teeth. For quite a long time Sidney was staying at my house where she was welcome and loved by me and my family. Until this happened I did not realize how much I learned from her and how much of a better person I have became with her in my life.

4 comments:

  1. Nice story. Sorry to hear about your phone. Tell your friend to be more careful in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the story of how you cracked your phone that day it was really funny and very descriptive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what the heck you should of hung out with friends!!!!

    ReplyDelete